We’re here to help
An illness or chronic condition may leave you weak and lacking the strength, skills and energy to perform everyday tasks. You may have balance, walking or speaking challenges, as well as cognition and memory issues.
Our medical rehabilitation specialists understand these difficult and frustrating situations. We offer advanced treatment, strategies and support to restore strength, endurance and abilities.
Conditions we treat
Our experienced rehabilitation teams treat patients recovering from a wide range of medically complex conditions, such as:
- Post-surgical care for coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair and other cardiovascular procedures
- Fatigue from cardiac conditions such as congestive heart failure (CHF) and myocardial infarction (MI)
- Frailty from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema and asthma
A team approach to treatment
Northshore Rehabilitation Hospital draws on the expertise of medical rehabilitation specialists to address the range of physical and functional issues that occur from medically complex conditions.
This interdisciplinary team is led by a physiatrist, a physician board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and includes rehabilitation nurses; physical, occupational and speech therapists; dietitians; case managers and other clinical and support staff as needed.
In addition, family members are an important part of the care team. They may be asked to participate in therapy sessions to understand and support your needs.
An individualized rehabilitation program
Every patient is different with varied challenges, goals and expectations. Treatment will be tailored to your individual needs to help:
- Restore physical abilities
- Build strength and endurance
- Improve balance, coordination and mobility
- Enhance skills to perform daily activities
- Optimize independence
How can we help you?
We will work closely with you and your family, physician and/or the referring hospital to ensure a smooth transition to Northshore Rehabilitation Hospital for your recovery.